When work days are long and people fickle; walk outside and look up.
Gods nature never lets you down, never gossips, never frustrates, never disappoints – it just looks down on you with simple orange beauty and makes everything peaceful again! 🌤
So much goes on in this life, so many struggles, stresses, changes, disappointments, unknowns, joy, laughter, surprise, love and friendships – yet through all these changes, one thing remains, His word and His love. There is no change, it’s constant, it’s real and it’s bigger than any of us know or will ever understand! 🙌🏼
Being my husbands wife I’ve;
- learnt patience of a different kind. A patience in knowing that I don’t always have to be right, even when I am, sometimes that’s not the point.
- learnt that my cooking is so much more to my husband than the food on the plate. That he sees my feeding him as feeding him love. That he craves love in the form of actions, not words like I do. (Or he’s just hungry all the time 😉)
- seen how talking can solve things so much faster than opting for my comfort of the silent treatment.
- learnt that I have to tell him what I’m thinking or when I’m upset because he can’t read my mind.
- learnt how tolerant he is, especially with all the body, poop and what foods hate me talks
- found out that we are both big dorks who can’t stop trying to impress each other with our silliness and jokes.
- loved staring at him while he’s going to sleep, because it happens so darn fast it’s incredible(and, stalker)….and then getting irritated moments later because he makes a weird popping noise (patience!)
- realised the incredible blessing to this earth that is marriage
- seen first hand the kindness of my husband and am so grateful for his heart.
- married a man who loves God and honours his wife through His truths.
- married a man who led his wife to the forgiving love of Christ.
- got a man who is strong in his self and his own convictions and would stand by God, his wife and his family till the ends of the earth.
Most of all, I’ve enjoyed love. The feeling of having that person who just gets you beyond every unreasonable mood, worry, craving, sad thought or ecstatic silliness – it’s just love in its simplest form and I love being somebodies wife!
Alright, mega corny session over! 😉