Being that its winter here in Brisbane, its nice to dream about summer time in 6 months time and all the things I love about summer…..which isn’t a lot because my favourite season is winter 🙂
So I’m linking up with Kiki from In Its Time and Cassie from Living on Cloud Nine for June’s The Circle Link Up – Summer Staples.
My favourite things for summer aren’t just “stuff”, they are really the moments we end up spending together with people we think are awesome!. Family picnics, park visits, the occasional beach visit, outdoor bbqs and the lovely bright mornings and late lit nights!
1. Seafolly bag – I bought this beauty over Christmas and still haven’t had a chance to use it. This summer will definitely have to for a beach visit and this little lovely!
2. Birkenstock Sandals – pretty much one of my favourite shoes to wear. These will definitely be out come summertime! I’ve being eyeing off this new style to add to the collection!
3. Kuvings Juicer – with all the juicing we do, I can imagine us in summer enjoying some light and berry fresh juices….love to upgrade to this beauty!!!
4. Tortoise Shell Sunglasses – I always want to change but I never do. Love a tortoise shell pair of glasses and love these!!
5. Floral bikini – Every year I say we will go to the beach more…surely this will help to make me go to the beach more 🙂
6. Maxi Dress – my perfect idea for summer dressing, no fuss outfits!
7. Earrings – I’m not a big jewelry person, but I’ll always have earrings on! Got my eye on these!
8. Sneakers – As well as a comfy pair of sandals, I really love these shoes. Need a new pair as my blue ones are wearing out fast! Really liking this colour though!
9. Nail Polish – I love bright coloured nails for summer but I also have an obsession with natural colours and love this peach colour!
And thats about it for me. Can I just say how absolutely fun it was making a collage like that! Loved it!
Today I’m linking up with Kiki from In Its Time for the monthly The Circle Link up. A lovely link up which focuses on creating friendships and sharing experiences, which I love!
I have to admit my brain struggled with this one and for the life of me I’m thinking – what have I done in my life haha! I just went blank.
But it soon kicked into gear and here are the top things I am so glad I’ve done in my life that IF i had a bucket list, they would be on it – without one though, I’m just rolling freestyle, taking it all as it comes!
A list of things I’m proud of from my time on this ere planet!
- Continue to conquer my fear of flying BY flying.
- Go on a Mission trip to Cambodia with the SHE Rescue Home
- Visit every capital city in Australia with my husband – so far completed the whole east coast. 3 capitals left!
- Travel the world – East/West Coasts America, France, Italy, Austria, Spain, New Zealand, Canada,
- Travel to see girlfriends interstate often!
- Help build a vege garden for a small town in Cambodia.
- Visit Hobbiton, Lord of the Rings land in New Zealand
- Give my life to Jesus
- Get baptised
- Volunteer with SHE Rescue Home by hosting market stalls as often as possible.
- Serve in children s area at Church every second Sunday, looking after 4-5 year old.
- Get married and learn what true love is!
- Date nights with the hubby…often!
- Witness the birth of my first nephew
- Make family a priority.
- Get my own cat.
- Drive a rally car
- Ride an elephant
- Sing karaoke at a dive bar in Twisp, Washington
- Go on a catamaran for Brisbane River Fire
- Be front row at 3 or more concerts – Pink x 2, Coldplay, Robbie Williams, Evanescence
- Go snorkeling with my best friend on Green Island, Cairns
- Start and create a blog
- Do fitness at least twice a week – Zumba Tues/Thurs & Beach Volleyball Wed.
- Start a self conflicted mission to try all the chicken wings in Brisbane – priorities!
- Buy a home
- Renovate a house
- Wake up early and enjoy the sunrise, on more than one occasion
- Survive the death of a parent – my beautiful father when I was 17.
- Play violin since childhood and be part of the Sunshine Coast Youth Orchestra
- Play piano since 3 years old
- Play hockey throughout highschool
- Build my sisters kids clothing website, Dashes of Love
I do love this though, because it allows us to reflect on our life, no matter our age, we’ve all been through something! Why not be proud of what you’ve accomplished so far, big or small – it all matters and is YOUR journey!
Today I’m linking up with the super lovely and sincere blogger, Kiki from In It’s Time for The Circle link up. This month of March is your blog name story.
In it for love. It was such an automatic thing for me, the name of my blog came before I started to actually write (is this something that usually happens?) .
It’s a funny thing, because being new to faith and having then been recently baptised, I just felt drawn to writing out my journey – in an effort to understand what I was experiencing and feeling.
You see I’ve never been one to journal. I mean I loved English at school and got good grades, I was always writing little poems and giving them to my parents, but nothing so much as a journal. Apart from when on family trips and my mum would force us to write in a book what happened every day haha – what a horrible mother lol!!! Of course I jest – and when I grab one of the books and look back at what I’ve written – I am thankful….even if most of what I wrote was “for dinner we had this” “for breakfast I had that'” and “my mum is making me write this” haha. But looking back – its fond memories!!!As soon as I knew that I wanted to document my faith journey, the blog world came into my life by way of a trying to conceive friend and its been exciting from then on – seeing something I never knew existed in such HUGE capacity.
The basis of In It for Love – is obviously LOVE!
The basic fundamentals of Christianity. Love one another and treat those the way you want to be treat. The inspiration also came from one of my favourite bible verses so far (as I am still making my way through the entire bible, I’m sure there will be more!);
”And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony”. Colossians 3:14
I like to think that I am in this life for love. I’ve been born into a loving family, I’ve grown up and have so many friends I love, I fell in love with a wonderful man and I am now forgiven through Christ who loves me even through my transgressions.
Love is such a powerful yet incredibly simplistic thing – and the answer to so many of our problems is just LOVE one another.
I always want to be In It for Love in everything I do. Whether it be big or small. Because love binds everything together in perfect harmony!!!